HR Essentials - 6 Weeks Online - Important HR Legislation and Managing People & Performance
Time & Location
About The Event
This is on online course where each week you will receive training videos via email over six weeks with PDF downloads (2 hours 45 minutes over 6 weeks). You will also have email support with our HR consultant, Lisa Johnston, where you are able to email her any questions you have throughout the 6 weeks.
This is perfect for anyone that doesn't have time to come in and do our full day workshop or who does not live in Blenheim, or prefers self study.
We will teach you the legislation and common law that ALL employers or staff managing HR need to know! Our aim is to arm you, so you can effectively manage your HR including contracts, 90 day trials, probationary periods, types of contracts, breaks, being on-call, mis-conduct, performance issues, dismissal….plus more.
As HR specialists, we see the common issues that businesses face and more importantly the common things that business owners get wrong, leading to horrible situations such as personal grievances.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The right communication from the start
- Ongoing communication
- Leading vs managing / Leadership strategies
- Trial periods
- Probationary periods
- Fixed term agreements
- Casual & part-time employees
- Unpaid and paid rest breaks
- Domestic violence leave
- Resolving conflict & giving feedback
- Misconduct & serious misconduct
- What good faith means
- Performance management
- Abandonment of employment
- Restructure & redundancy
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Weekly training videos for 6 weeks, covering all of the topics above - 2 hours 45 minutes, over 6 weeks
- Email support with Lisa Johnston, HR Consultant - unlimited support through the 6 weeks
- PDF handouts to go with each video
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUNDING:
This workshop is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund, which means that you may be eligible for up to 50% off this workshop. For more information visit www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz or to apply for a funding voucher contact Kathryn at Marlborough Chamber of Commerce - Phone 03 577 9575 or email email@example.com. Please note that you do not have to be a Chamber member to qualify for the funding. Even if you are applying for funding, you still need to book and pay for the workshop in full. Once you have attended the workshop, we will refund you the funded portion directly to your bank account.
- 6 Week Online Course$349$3490$0