Tue, 11 Jun|
Xero Bookkeeping Master Class
Good bookkeeping practices are important to ensuring your accounts are correct, handled efficiently and improving overdue debtors. In this workshop we will teach you not only how you should be using Xero, but how to actually bookkeep.
Time & Location
11 Jun 2019, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Sass Boardroom, Level 4 Rangitane House, 2 Main St, Blenheim, 7201, New Zealand
About The Event
Are you a self-trained bookkeeper and would like to learn from an experienced bookkeeper? Or are you new to bookkeeping and would like to up-skill? Or maybe, you have staff managing your accounts and would like them to become more efficient, saving you time and money and best of all improving your cash in bank?
Good bookkeeping practices are important to ensuring your accounts are correct, handled efficiently and improving overdue debtors. In this workshop we will teach you not only how you should be using Xero, but how to actually bookkeep. You will learn the Sass trade secrets that have allowed us to build a successful bookkeeping business.
This is hands on and will require you to bring a laptop, however, we do have some available so let us know at time of booking.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to bookkeeping – what a bookkeeper should be doing daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly and annually
- Bank Coding & Reconciliations – coding transactions, best practice for GL coding, how to setup bank rules, how to correctly reconcile an account monthly and common coding issues
- Creditor Management – entering creditors, how to correctly reconcile against statements, common issues to look for, reporting and exporting for payment
- Debtor Management – entering debtors, best practice to ensure prompt payments, sending monthly statements and how to effectively follow up overdue debtors
- Month End Checks – we will take you through our own month end checks to ensure all is correct and to not create extra work for your accountant at year end
- GST – how to correctly audit GST, common issues to look for and file online
- Fixed Assets & Depreciation – what are assets, how to correctly register, common issues to look for and how to depreciate monthly
- Reporting – what reports to run and learn how to read a profit and loss and cash summary report
- Q&A – time to ask questions
What you will receive:
- Sass Certificate in Xero Bookkeeping
- GL best coding practice guide
- Month end check list
- Good debtor practices guide
- How to effectively chase debtors guide
- What you should be doing daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly and annual list
Prerequisite – Must either have some bookkeeping experience or attended our Xero Basics workshop.
DURATION: 5.5hrs - includes lunch
A minimum of two attendees and a maximum of five
(a) Cancellations 10 days or more prior to the Workshop will attract a 5% cancellation fee. Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the Workshop will attract a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations less than 2 days prior to the Workshop are non-refundable.
(b) We reserve the right to postpone or cancel a Workshop (e.g. due to insufficient registrations) in which case we will offer you an alternative workshop date or a full refund of all registration fees.
(c) If you receive NZTE funding, we will refund you the funded portion, once you attend the workshop.
Paying via Invoice
Arranged payment via invoice